Thursday, August 22, 2013

Interview with Kealoha of HawaiiSlam Posted to Soundcloud

Kealoha in 2007
Waaay back in May 2007 I did an interview with the founder of HawaiiSlam, Kealoha (unimonikered like all the best performing artists). It was for local Honolulu magazine about the arts, but the magazine folded before the first issue. So, the interview has gotten dusty on my harddrive ever since.

Listen it to it now on SoundCloud.

The interview is 36 minutes long. He talks about his education at MIT (he's not only a poet, he's a nuclear physicist) and his experiences with slam poetry. HawaiiSlam is the largest poetry slam in the world.

I get a little chatty, and too excited about physics, as I often do, and to my now Brit-attuned ears, I sound drunk (I was not).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for any other informative website. Where else may I am getting that type of info written in such an ideal approach?
I have a challenge that I am simply now running on, and
I've been at the look out for such info.

Also visit my homepage ... peredam mobil