Thursday, February 9, 2012

291/365 --Playlist Story-- inspired by "Home" by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

Do you remember when we first met? I was small and you were happy. You hugged me and patted my fur and scratched my ears and I licked your face. I like the way you tasted. You don't taste like that anymore, not for awhile.

Please wake up.

You're fingers taste like my old food bowl. Do you remember that? You're mom used to feed me. And she used to yell at me, and you would yell back at her for me because I was too scared to. Because she fed me. And I like food.

Please wake up.

Do you remember when your face would get wet? And you would slam doors? And then you would hug me and I would lick the salt from your face. And then I would lick your feet and you would laugh and hug me more.

Please wake up.

Do you remember when we ran away together? The grass was wet and there were worms out but you wouldn't let me stop to sniff them you would just pull on the rope and hiss at me. And we slept next to each other in the open night in the alley where the big dog peed. And you kept me warm and I kept you warm and we weren't scared because we were together.

Please wake up.

And then we went to that house with the other people. There were so many smells. They yelled at you but you didn't yell back and so I yelled at them but then they hit me and your face got wet and we hid in the basement with the spiders for awhile. I was happy when we left that place and it was a sunny day and everything smelled nice.

Please wake up.

Do you remember when we started to follow the road? The cars were big and scared me and they ran fast, faster than we could ever run. But you could stop them, and then we would get in. And there were different people in each of the cars and they had strange smells and some of them talked to me nicely and some of them ignored me, but I tried to be nice to everyone because you wanted me to be nice and I love you.

Please wake up.

But now you are here in a car that ran too fast and the people driving fell asleep and you were asleep, and I was asleep for awhile but you won't wake up. And your face is wet but it tastes like my old food bowl, not like just salt. I've yelled and yelled but my throat hurts now, and why won't you answer me? I promise you I'll keep following you because I love you. Please don't ignore me.

Please wake up.

No comments: